Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs 30 mins | Total Time: 2 hrs 45 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
I have always wondered how to cook Italian Beef Ragu. Luckily, my friend happened to know the recipe so she gave it to me. I am so glad that I gave this one a try because it satisfied my cravings! Oh, man, you have got to give this one a try, I’m telling you! Aside from the delicious flavours, it is also very easy to cook! In less than 3 hours, you will have a meal to remember! I usually serve this Ragu over pasta. Try it and prepare to be amazed. Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
1 white onion
1 stalk celery
8.8 ounces 250g ground beef (mince) (250g)
8.8 ounces 250g ground pork (mince) (250g)
2 c sieved tomatoes (passata) (470g)
1 c (230ml) red wine (240ml)
4 c beef stock (1 litre)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pinch salt and pepper
1. Chop the onion, celery, and carrot.
2. Place a frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the chopped veggies and sauté until translucent.
5. Add the ground pork and ground beef. Cook for a few minutes or until crumbly and brown.
6. Discard any excess grease, then and red wine. Simmer until it reduces its volume.
7. Add 1/2 of the passata, salt, and 1/2 of beef stock. Stir until well mixed.
8. Serve and enjoy!
I also enjoy serving this Ragu with pasta. Just simply add cooked pasta and toss until well coated.
I recommend you use only branded passata. The cheap ones have different tastes. (I don’t know if it’s just me.)
Use only red wine for this recipe.
Place any leftovers inside the fridge. They can last up to 4 days.
Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 457mg | Potassium: 1228mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2130IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 4.4mg