Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Nothing beats a nice and easy recipe! Hi, friends, today I am giving you this awesome recipe that I got off the internet! I am so glad that I gave it a try because I never would have tasted perfection! Try this recipe now and I promise you that it will be worth all your time and efforts! Feel free to tweak it a bit to your liking. Enjoy!
Tempura Battered Chicken:
2 Egg whites
1 c all-purpose flour sifted
1/2 c cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1 c water ice cold
2 tbsp canola oil
1 pound chicken thighs boneless-skinless and cut into 1-inch pieces
canola oil for frying
1 tbsp oil
3 cloves garlic minced
3 green onions sliced thinly, tip to tail not including the root
1/2 c Thai sweet chilli sauce
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
white sesame seeds
minced green onions
1. In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients to the batter. Beat until well combined.
2. Place a frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add enough oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the coated chicken pieces and fry for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Make sure to cook the chicken in batches to prevent overcrowding.
6. Place the chicken pieces onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
7. Remove the oil from the pan and leave only about 2 tablespoons of it.
8. Add the green onions and garlic. Sauté for about half a minute or until translucent and aromatic.
9. Put the chicken pieces back to the pan.
10. Add the crushed pepper and sweet chilli sauce. Toss everything until well mixed.
11. Remove from the heat and sprinkle green onions and sesame seeds on top for garnish.
12. Serve hot and enjoy!
Yield: 4 servings
Amount per serving: Calories: 484g | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 457mg | Potassium: 471mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 190g | Vitamin C: 2.4g | Calcium: 69g | Iron: 2.6g